If you are like most homeowners, you rarely think about the importance of your gutters. After all, they are just a simple component of your home that can easily be forgotten about, right? Wrong. That statement couldn’t be further from the truth. Your gutters play an integral role in keeping your home in top condition. They may be small, but they do a lot. Your gutters protect your home from erosion, basement flooding, landscaping issues, as well as your foundation. In addition, your gutters help to keep your home beautiful and safe by preventing stains, mold, mildew, as well as damage to your paint. Due to the uncanny amount of rainfall, most gutter companies in Portland Oregon will tell you that it is imperative that you maintain your gutters. Whether you are interested in gutter installations, gutter replacement, or cleaning, give the experts at Giron Roofing a call to schedule your free estimate today. Learn more about our Portland Oregon gutter services below.
Common Types of Gutters
There are so many types of gutters, it can be difficult to choose which material, style, types, etc. is best for your home. Before making a choice, it is best to consult with trusted Portland Oregon gutter services in your area. Learn more about the most common types of gutters below.
Common Gutter Materials
There are a plethora of gutter materials that are used for gutter installations and gutter replacement services. The most common gutter materials recommended by gutter companies in Portland Oregon include:
- Aluminum: This is by far the most popular type of material used for gutter installations. Aluminum gutters are light-weight, cost-friendly, rust-resistant, and are easy to install.
- Galvanized Steel: Almost as popular as aluminum, galvanized steel lasts for more than 20 years, are dent and rust-resistant, and can fit with just about any home style. However, it is more expensive than most materials and required significantly more maintenance.
- Stainless Steel: Very durable and rust-resistant material. While it costs more than most other materials, it is not as expensive as galvanized steel.
- Copper: Copper is popular due to its aesthetic appeal and they don’t rust. The cost of copper fluctuates depending on the market.
- Vinyl: Vinyl gutters are not recommended by most gutter companies in Portland Oregon. Though they are easy to install and relatively cheap, they will not last for long and are susceptible to all types of damage.
Common Gutter Styles
There are many gutter styles used during gutter replacement and/or new gutter installation. Learn more about the most common types recommended by the top companies offering Portland Oregon gutter services.
- K-Style Gutters: Due to their visual appeal and overall effectiveness, K-Style gutters are of the most popular type of gutter style. They can be installed on just about any type of home.
- Fascia Gutters: These types of gutters are typically installed on homes that do not already have fascia boards in place. The face of the fascia gutter does what a typical fascia board would do.
- Half-Round Gutters: As the name suggests, these types of gutters are essentially a circle cut in half. They are not typically recommended by gutter companies in Portland Oregon because they are not as effective as the aforementioned two styles.
Choice of Gutter Construction
Gutters are constructed using only two methods. They are either constructed as one piece or in sections. Sectional gutters are sold by the piece and all snap together during gutter installations. The drawback with sectional gutters is that they will likely spring a leak at some point. However, it can make it easier to just install one section during gutter replacement instead of the entire gutter system. Seamless gutters are typically constructed on-site. Since there are no seams, they are not prone to leaking. The downfall of seamless gutters is that you may need to replace your entire gutter system if they are damaged.
Signs it’s Time For a Gutter Replacement
It is important to inspect your gutters often. In most cases, it does not require you to get on your roof. However, it is recommended to completely inspect them at least twice per year. If you are uncomfortable doing so, connect with a reputable company offering Portland Oregon gutter services. Learn more about the signs that elude to a potential need for gutter replacement below.
- Your Gutters Are Sagging: When your gutters begin to sag, it is a not so subtle sign that it’s time for a gutter replacement. When they are sagging, they are certainly not functioning at the level that you need them too.
- You Notice Cracks: When your gutters are cracking and splitting, it is an indication that they are not holding water. This can cause damage to other areas of your home. Cracks can happen due to gutters contracting and expanding during seasonal changes.
- Peeling Paint: It is imperative to take notice of peeling paint on your gutter as well as the areas of your home below your gutters. If the paint on your gutters has begun to peel, it could be a sign of water damage (including underlying rust).
- You Notice Pooling Water: If water has begun to pool in certain areas (which can cause mold and mildew), it may be a sign that its time to opt for a gutter replacement or at minimum scheduling an appointment with a Portland Oregon gutter services company.
Portland Oregon Gutter Services
The key to ensuring proper gutter installations is working with proven gutter companies in Portland Oregon. At Giron Roofing, we are a family-owned business that has offered Portland Oregon gutter services for a number of years. We offer both gutter installations as well as gutter replacement services. In addition to the many awards we have received, our customers make it a point to leave us incredible reviews and keep us at the top of the list of gutter companies in Portland Oregon. If you are in need of gutter services, give us a call to schedule your free estimate today.